How to Fix a Kindle eBook That’s Not Downloading
If you happen to experience a problem with a Kindle ebook or Amazon app not downloading or not finishing downloading, there are a few things you can try to do to remedy the issue on your own before having to contact Amazon support.
It’s not very common, but sometimes a Kindle book won’t download properly when using a Kindle app for Android or iOS, and to a lesser extent Kindle ereaders and Fire tablets.
Usually it’s just glitch or a bad wireless connection, and the book will often download with a second attempt.
Sometimes a little patience is all that is required; just set the device down and check it again in 10-15 minutes. Occasionally Amazon’s servers get bogged down and just need some extra time to process.
If you continue to experience problems downloading a Kindle book or app, here are some tips to try:
1. Shut down and restart your device (you’d be surprised how often this fixes most problems).
2. Disconnect and reconnect your wireless connection and then confirm that wireless is working.
3. If the book or app gets stuck downloading partway, select to delete it from your Kindle app or device and then try re-downloading it from the cloud section.
4. Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page at Amazon to find the ebook or app that won’t download and select the “Actions” field to choose to “Deliver” the title to a specific device. Or you can choose to download and transfer it to your device from a computer with a USB cable.
5. If you don’t see the book or app on the Your Content and Devices list, you can check to make sure the order was completed in the Digital Orders section of Your Orders at Amazon.
6. If none of the above resolves your issue, contact Amazon support for assistance.