I came across another really cheap Android 4.0 tablet listed on Amazon the other day and it goes by the name of Innovatek InnoSoul.
It is a 7″ tablet that runs Ice Cream Sandwich with a 1.5GHz A10 processor and comes with a camera, a mini HDMI port, 2160p video support, and access to Google Play for apps.
There are two models, one with 4GB of storage and another with 8GB. They are priced at $99 and $109 respectively.
The specs are decent and it looks like a good deal but it’s hard to tell with cheap Chinese imports without testing them.
There is only one review on Amazon right now. It is a four star review that speaks highly of the device but it doesn’t go into much detail and it sounds like the person is already familiar with Android tablets—that makes a big difference, knowing your way around the operating system and knowing how to install apps.
Here’s the list of specs for the Innovatek InnoSoul tablet via Amazon (the manufacturer’s website has zilch):
- 7″ Tablet PC with Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System
- 5 Points Capacitive Digital Touch Screen
- FullHD 2160p Mini HDMI TV Output
- 3D Android Games compatible
- 2160p video playback for all formats
- Full access to Android Market, Google Play
- Flash 11 & HTML5 Support
- Supports MicroSD Card (up to 32GB)
- G-Sensor & Steering Function
- 1.3MP front camera for still pictures
- Video recording, VGA up to 30fps (frames per second)
- VGA quality Conference Camera with Skype/Msn/QQ Support
- Flash Player with Google map, Android Market, Email etc
- High-Speed Wi-Fi connectivity
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Supports external USB 3G
- Built-in stereo speakers
- 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
- 16:9 Touch Panel
- CPU: A10 1.5GHz
- RAM Memory: 512MB
- Nand Flash: 4GB (2.2GB reserved for system files\total available is 2.65GB)
- Resolution: 800 x 480
- Dimensions: 195mm x 120mm x 14mm
- Weight: 0.7lbs
- Power: 5V 2800mAh 5-8 hours battery life
- Mini USB and USB port
- Compact size fashionable UL/FCC Power Adapter
Given the prices and specs, the Innovatek InnoSoul tablets remind me of the Novo 7 Paladin that I recently reviewed that sells for about the same price. But the Innovatek InnoSoul has a better processor, a camera, and an HDMI port so it has the edge, provided it works as it should.