If you missed out on the previous two office application giveaways, Amazon is offering another office app for free today, this time it is Dataviz’s Documents To Go, which normally costs $14.99.
With Documents To Go you can view, edit, and create native Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files on your Android tablet or phone, as well as view PDF files.
The app works with Google Docs and can sync with your desktop using a USB cable. It provides support for attachments and password-protected files. It has a built-in file browser and a Live folder for recently opened documents.
From the product description:
• Open native Microsoft files on your Android phone without any desktop or server conversion needed
• Desktop Synchronization–transfer your files from your Windows PC to your Android device over USB, and any edits made in either location will automatically sync with 100 percent of the original file formatting intact
• Powered by InTact Technology–DataViz’s acclaimed technology ensures all original file formatting is retained once a file has been edited on an Android device and then forwarded
• Send and receive attachments–tightly integrated with Gmail and other e-mail applications like RoadSync for easy native attachment downloading and sending
• Localized in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, and traditional and simplified Chinese
Supported File Formats
• .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, and .pptx
PDF To Go provides high-fidelity viewing of important reference materials with options for page view, word wrap, auto-rotate, bookmarks, search, select and copy text, and more.
Be warned. Installing this app is annoying; you have to install it twice and launching the second install always wants to open the web browser instead of the Amazon appstore.
If you miss out on this free deal, there’s a free version of Documents To Go too. It’s more of a trial version. You can view office files but there is a minimum of features and you cannot not edit anything.