Kobo has released a new software update for their full line of ereaders both old and new.
The new firmware version is 4.30.18838. It seems to be mostly a stability and bug fixes update, or maybe they just didn’t feel like being very specific in the release notes.
The biggest change with the update is the addition of audiobook support for the 10.3-inch Kobo Elipsa that was released in June, so three of Kobo’s current devices support audiobooks now, including the new Kobo Libra 2 and Kobo Sage.
The release notes also mention that the “My Wishlist” has been moved to the More menu.
The way Kobo updates work is you can wait for the new firmware to automatically download and install at some point while syncing, but updates are generally rolled out in phases so it can sometimes take several weeks to get an update.
If you want the update now you can find the download link for each specific model on the Kobo Firmware Downloads page.
Release notes for the Kobo Elipsa:
Introducing support for Kobo Audiobooks*
- Listen to Kobo Audiobooks* on Kobo Elipsa with your Bluetooth® headphones, car stereo, or speaker.
- Browse, search and purchase audiobooks directly from Discover > Audiobooks* or visit kobo.com.
- You can now filter by Audiobooks or eBooks in the My Books menu.
- My Wishlist is now moved to the More menu.
- To learn more about available subscriptions for Kobo Audiobooks* where you live, visit kobo.com.
- * Available in select countries only