After being up for pre-order for about 3 weeks, the new Kobo WiFi eReader is now shipping to the United States and Canada.
The Kobo WiFi is Kobo’s second generation ereader. It looks a lot like the old model, but comes with WiFi for a direct connection to ebook shopping from the Kobo ebook store.
Aside from wireless, the Kobo WiFi has a new processor for faster page-turning, a newer screen that supports twice as many levels of gray, software upgrades, and improved battery life of about 10,000 page-flips per charge with the wireless turned off.
Selling for $139, the Kobo WiFi comes in three color varieties: onyx, white with a lilac back, and white with a silver back.
- 6-inch E Ink Vizplex screen
- WiFi connects to Kobo ebook store
- 1GB of internal memory, SD card slot for cards up to 32GB
- Supported formats: ePub and PDF (Adobe DRM)
- 5 font sizes
- 2 font types: serif and sans serif
- Built-in dictionary
- Dimensions: 184 x 120 x 10mm
- Weight: 221 grams
- Comes with 100 free classic ebooks